martedì 11 febbraio 2014

Looking From Another Perspective

After reading "15 Food Reasons Italians Are Better At Life", here are 8 good reasons why I don't find this totally convincing.
Please, let me make a short foreword before going into the details. My comments to the article are totally personal and there is no intention to offend nor to judge. There may be a slight intention to be satyrical but it doesn't go any further than that.

1. "...hot-blooded country..."
   What I('d) call "stereotype n.1". Overreacting is not as much a national sport as anywhere else.

2. "...the greatest way to use lady fingers..."
   What I('d) call "stereotype n.2". Some men are just as good at that.

3. "...why we should all just up and move to Italy." 
   Please, don't. We love, we really do, to have you here but there is not that much empty space left and we already build houses where we really should not. 

4. "...Fresh Pasta …'s a way of life." 
    It is, if you're a granny with a lot, and I mean, a lot of time (and patience) to spend making it and  perhaps another great lot of relatives to nurture.

5. "...Freeze-Dried Parmesean"
   Don't let us fool you, some use it here too.

6. "...Leftover Risotto To Good Use … almost better than risotto."
   Arancini (aka arancinE) are not just a not-wasting-food shortcut. Arancini/E are indeed a way of life, they are usually made from scratch, and are a regional delicatessen.

7. "...3-4 Hours To Make A Ragu..."   
    Too bad most people don't have so much time to spend in the kitchen anymore. Even if some are brave enough to do it on special occasions.


8. "...fry them beautifully..."
    I daresay some know an awful other lot of ways to cook artichokes without frying them. 

Again, please, accept my apologies in case I've sounded too harshly criticising. This is just the way I felt when reading the article. It'd be great to listen to further comments or criticism.




Nessun commento:

Posta un commento